'Life's a Wave....Catch it' - Workshops for students
Saltwater Creations provide a face to face, interactive, real life story-telling workshop, of the highs and lows we are challenged with in life (waves) and provides empowerment tools to support well-being to help get through these times including the art of 'giving'.
In a sensitive and surf themed workshop, we provide fun interactive tasks and face to face questions to enable individuals to air their thoughts and feelings in a comfortable and familiar environment.
A picture board of real life activity examples brings the workshop alive and leaves the students ready to challenge themselves and see the positives and opportunities that come out of tough times, helping them to remain positive and be the best they can be no matter what wave comes their way! Discussing the power of charities and philanthropy, the workshops illustrate the art of giving and the empowerment this can bring to individuals.
The workshop might even allow time to have a go on a surfboard!
Workshop content includes focus on; empowerment, volunteering and citizenship, well-being, physical activities and transition.
- Build resilience, confidence and perseverance in children and young people
- Provide empowerment tools for young people to be the best they can and provide well-being
- Create unlimited beliefs
- Develop 'can do' attitudes
- Judge situations and individuals with empathy and understanding
- How to become empowered!
- Personal well-being
- Build confidence and communication skills
- Think and operate without limited beliefs
- Respect and support fellow students in the classroom
- Enhance ability as individuals to succeed and become empowered
- Adapt to, and accept change with a positive attitude
- Demonstrate inclusion and equality to colleagues
- Respond to others peoples values and needs with an open mind
- Helping other
Please note: This workshop is based on a real life story of the unexpected death of a young person, and although presented with great sensitivity we are aware that some schools may wish to communicate this with the parents of the recipient’s pre- workshop participation.
Who are the workshops for?
Students from age 5yrs upwards in Primary, Secondary, Independent Schools, Colleges and University.
The Saltwater Workshop is delivered at your establishment and is approximately 1 hour long with 3 sessions maximum per day.
Is there a cost?
Saltwater Creations CIC works to identify funding partners to deliver the workshops to schools. Sometimes we can offer them at reduced cost or even free where funding has been secured. Workshops are available at any time starting from £250 per day. Please contact us if you would like a workshop if funding is available.
To book a Saltwater Workshopplease contact us here.
To see testimonials from our schools workshops click here.
Supported by Osprey